In today’s fast-paced and complex workplace environment where the goal posts seem to continually shift many people struggle with managing the many demands and pressures placed upon them. For the last 13 years we have investigated well over 7,000 claims for workplace psychological injury across a wide range of industries and sectors. We are seeing an epidemic of workplace stress and mental illness claims across all compensation schemes.
However, most of this can be prevented. Therefore, more than ever, it has become increasingly important for employees to learn how to cope with change, and deal with stress and interpersonal conflict in constructive ways by developing fundamental work-life skills.
The Resilience Box® is a comprehensive psychological wellbeing program which has been specifically designed to strengthen personal resilience. It has been developed from the latest worldwide evidence-based research in positive psychology to achieve meaningful and lasting self-directed behaviour change.
Strong Emotional Resilience
- Employee satisfaction
- Staff productivity
- Team cohesion
- Quality workplace relationships
- Effective communication skills
- Decreased stress or psychological injury/mental illness claims
- Claimants’ barriers to returning to work identified
Poor Emotional Resilience
- Employee dissatisfaction with work
- Performance issues with staff
- Conflict at work, either amongst the team or between managers and staff
- Poor communication skills
- Increased stress or psychological injury/mental illness claims
- Claimants’ barriers to returning to work extending work absences
Outcomes of The Resilience Box® include:
- Speedier recovery and return to work
- Prevents relapse
- Increased job satisfaction
- Increased employee engagement
- More harmonious relationships at work and beyond
- Decreased absenteeism and staff turnover
- Decreased workers’ compensation claims
Who Will Benefit?
Those who would benefit most from The Resilience Box® program include:
- Claimants experiencing mental health issues – to assist in recovery from psychological illness and speeding up return to work outcomes
- Employees showing signs of poor mental health – to assist in strengthening their wellbeing and resilience to remain at work during their recovery
- All Staff – as a preventative risk management program for staff in building personal resilience, strengthening psychological hardiness and improving workplace relationships
Each participant will be advised on which modules are most suitable for their individual circumstances. Generally speaking, we recommend all 6 modules are undertaken for maximum participant benefit, however there may be circumstances when this is not required.
The Resilience BoxTM has been designed for both claimants and individuals who have not put in a claim. If you are not a claimant and want to participate in the program, you can do this by having your workplace refer you for one-on-one coaching through the program or by your workplace running an in-house training program in which The Resilience BoxTM is run in a group workshop format.
It varies based on the initial needs analysis, as you may not need to participate in all modules of the box. A typical program runs for 8-10 hours in total.
Programs are customised dependant on the number of sessions required. Quotes can be provided upon request.
For accepted workers compensation claims, after we receive written referral / approval from the Nominated Treating Doctor, the cost of The Resilience Box program can be invoiced under gazetted treatment codes.
No – The Resilience Box is not a treatment program- rather, it is an education program facilitated by Psychologists. There are two main reasons why someone would partake in the program. Firstly, it can be used to support existing treatment being provided to someone who has a psychological diagnosis. In this instance, the aim is to fast-track a person’s recovery and return to wellness. Secondly, the program can be used as a prevention strategy, with the aim being to increase the emotional resilience of participants.
Many resilience training or coaching programs focus on one element of resilience or wellbeing, which doesn’t provide participants with the holistic framework for strengthening resilience and improving their overall wellbeing. The Resilience BoxTM is different, by working through up to six learning modules over a number of weeks, participants are equipped with the tools and strategies needed for creating positive and lasting behaviour changes.
Depending upon the context and reason for a person engaging in the program, we use a variety of different clinical and behavioural questionnaires to measure pre-program and post program symptom, wellbeing and activity changes.
All our facilitators are registered psychologists who have been trained in the methodologies of positive psychology, cognitive behavioural therapy and mindfulness which are focused on throughout The Resilience BoxTM program.
Yes you can. We have facilitators and rehabilitation consultants right across Australia who are qualified and experienced in running The Resilience BoxTM. For more remote locations, the program can also be run via video link or skype.